A very happy 3-year-old on his birthday!
A huge (hand-me-down) train set that this boy has LOVED and played with EVERY SINGLE DAY! (The other brothers have joined in the fun too!)
His favorite thing is to put them together end-to-end and pull them around the house.
Making his birthday cake!
Licking the spoon is the best part.
First day of school pictures:
Isaac Nathan - Kindergarten/1st Grade
(Posing with all his books for the year.)
He is a smart little boy full of creative ideas who loves to build things and make people laugh!
Josiah Daniel - Preschool/Kindergarten
He is a sweet, nurturing boy with an animated imagination who loves babies, animals, and music!
Adoniah Wesley - Preschool
He is an enthusiastic little boy who loves to play and learn!
His favorite things are trains, fire trucks, tractors, and diggers.
Silas Andrew - The Tag Along who is learning to talk and obey
He loves doing whatever the big brothers are doing, snuggling with Mommy, mowing with Daddy, and playing outside.
My book-loving brigade.
Homeschool Curriculum Line Up for 2018-2019 (because fellow homeschool moms like to know!):
- Logic of English language arts program (Level A for Josiah, Level B for Isaac)
- Mathematical Reasoning (beginning kindergarten), followed by Math-U-See Primer (advanced kindergarten) - Josiah
- Math-U-See Alpha (first grade) - Isaac
- Sonlight Core A: "An Introduction to World Cultures" for history/Bible/literature - all boys
- AWANA Cubbies and Sparks for Bible memory - Adoniah, Josiah, Isaac
- A Year of Playing Skillfully - Adoniah (art and science ideas for Josiah and Isaac as well)
Math is usually a hit with all of them.
Comparing their height with a hay bale.
Look how tall we have gotten!
Isn't that SO funny?! :)
Josiah and Isaac started a homeschool gymnastics class this year, which they LOVE!
I was surprised to see 50 kids there the first couple weeks!
Josiah wanted in on the fun!
And so did Isaac!
Popsicle sticks are just full of possibilities...
Fine motor practice: marbles in the bottle.
Learning to be a diligent worker!
We begin each school day with Bible Time and then I work with just Adoniah on some preschool activities. He is thriving on the one-on-one attention.
Josiah is learning how to write numbers and letters. On this day, he wrote his answers to math problems in corn meal for a break from pencil and paper.
He loved it!
Josiah teaching Silas.