Monday, December 9, 2019

Adoniah Turns 4!

So it's officially embarrassing how long it's taken me to get this post up about Adoniah turning 4 considering that it is December....and his birthday was in August! 😝 But I stick with the mantra, "Better late than never!" Let's just say it's been a very full four months welcoming a new baby, dealing with some health issues for her, homeschooling, and keeping up with life. Oh, and did I mention laundry?!?

But now without further ado, we celebrate our third-born, Adoniah Wesley! It's been another year full of ups and downs with this munchkin as he continues to learn and grow in character and as he stretches me as a mother! He is my "larger than life" child with whom everything is a big deal! I love to see his utter delight in simple childhood pleasures as well as all the ways he has been improving in demonstrating self control - a trait we are constantly working on! Adoniah is super loving and affectionate, making tucking him in bed for naps and nighttime sleep a delight. 

Adoniah has enjoyed learning capital letters and numbers in preschool this past year. His knowledge of the Bible has grown by leaps and bounds as well! His favorite parts of school include reading books with Mom and anything involving hands-on, tactile objects. He still loves to do whatever his big brothers are doing, or lead his little brother into mischief with him (the two of them keep me on my toes)! Adoniah is very much a people person and does not like to be left alone. He enjoys helping in the kitchen and is getting quite good at doing simple tasks. He also loves to play outside, wrestle with Daddy, and help with farm chores. Trains, diggers, fire trucks, and tractors remain his favorites! 

I continue to trust that the Lord has big plans for Adoniah and the enthusiasm with which he lives life! In the meantime, he keeps me on my knees praying for wisdom in raising him and the ability to be the example of loving patience that he needs.

Here is the picture roundup of our blondie along with photos of his 4th birthday celebration!






























No comments: