Living for Jesus
reflections, memories, and thoughts to ponder on my journey with Him
Our Love Story
Thursday, March 29, 2012
It's Beginning to Look A Lot Like a Wedding!
No, we're not moving. We're just in the process of planning a wedding! :)
Mom and Aunt Nora hard at work on reception plans.
Organization at its best.
This has been another project over the last two weeks; addressing invitations.
We're almost ready to send them out!
Until next time...
Tuesday, March 20, 2012
Outdoor Fun at Brazos Bend
The Britton Grillmasters
The beauty of the park.
So happy to be with my sweetheart soaking up the fresh air!
A stump that begs a picture.
Joel and his new fiancé, Katelyn.
Yes, that's two Britton brothers soon to be married!
The family is growing!
Lots of alligators were out enjoying the sunshine.
...absolutely takes my breath away!
The lake at Brazos Bend.
The marshlands at Brazos Bend.
The happy couple at Brazos Bend.
Fun With Friends
My Brown-Eyed Boy
Sunday, March 18, 2012
Great is His Faithfulness
February 29, 2012
441. Sweet fellowship with the Britton family
442. Harmonious singing in the missions of San Antonion
443. Really special moments with Nathan all day in San Antonio
444. A thoughtful, romantic proposal on the beach from the man God has given me
445. A strong, soft hand to hold
446. The fun of wedding planning
447. A date that works well for our families and the church
448. The provision of the church as our venue
449. Delightful fellowship with Tara
450. God's provision of candle holders and baskets at a bargain
451. Talking with Kelsie today and knowing she might be able to be at the wedding!
452. God's provision of dresses for the bridesmaids at JC Penney for such a good price and that work for pregnant friends! :)
453. An encouraging planning day at the church today
454. Hanging out with my man
March 7, 2012
455. Finding just the right bolero jacket at Dress Barn for the bridesmaids on the morning we prayed for them
456. Answered prayer for wise use of our gas when the other boleros were at a location near the Penneys that Mom needed to go to anyway
457. Pastor White's wedding gift
458. God's provision of just the right wedding rings
459. Beautiful spring days!
460. A star-studded sky
461. Delightful talks with so many precious maiden friends
462. The Sadlers being willing to postpone their European vacation by a few days in order to come to the wedding
463. The Bridges being able to come!
464. God's provision of a private honeymoon "resort" as a gift (and airplane tickets at a very good price!)
465. The extremely generous gift from the church of the reception room
March 14, 2012
466. So excited to find today the very bedding set for which I've been scouring the city this past week!
467. God's provision of white shoes that are both dressy and comfortable
468. The blessing of the offer the people at the apartment office made to Nathan
469. Finding the right music to use for the wedding
470. Alma being able to come and play the flute for a special music piece
471. Dinner tonight with Nathan on the lake
472. His email waiting for me upon my arrival home
The Courtship Chronicles
Wednesday, March 7, 2012
A Visit to San Antonio with the Brittons
During our excursion to San Antonio with Nathan's family, we toured five old missions that were a key part of Texas history.
Housing for those who sought refuge within the mission walls.
One of the community ovens.
This was the biggest of the five missions and had the most fascinating architecture!
The Britton Brothers
At the back of the mission was an old, water-powered mill in action demonstrating how the mission's inhabitants would grind their wheat.
A quick pic with my sweetheart at the mill!
Mrs. Britton through the mill's window.
The mill in action.
I love the palm trees at this mission location!
Another Britton boy and his significant other. :)
The courting couples.
Nathan's youngest brothers, Noah and Diondre.
A very cool-looking tree.
At the river walk.
Lovin' being with this man!
Noah and Diondre at the fountains
Joel and Katelyn
The smolder look from the man who captured my heart!
A most delightful day with a most delightful man and his family!
My Brown-Eyed Boy
The Courtship Chronicles