Friday, January 2, 2009

From the Bookshelf...Pt. 2


Corrie ten Boom has been a heroine of mine ever since I read The Hiding Place, her story of faith in the midst of a Nazi concentration camp. I think I've been even more blessed, however, by the sequel to this book entitled Tramp for the Lord.

In Tramp for the Lord, Corrie writes about the many lessons God continued to teach her after WWII as she traveled around the world sharing her testimony and the Gospel message. Her writings are candidly honest, humorous at times, and faith-building. She writes about a variety of topics including trusting God for finances, forgiving one's enemies, and spiritual warfare as well as detailing adventures and miracles that she experienced along the way!
I was so blessed by this book that I can't wait to read it again!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hurray!! Another book recommendation!! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!!! You have been such a HUGE help!
I will go today to try to find it for my confind daughter.
Enjoy the rest of the CHRISTmas vacation.
Satisfied in Christ,
The Whitt family