Monday, March 22, 2010

Quick Update!

I apologize for the silence on my blog lately.

Suffice it to say that life has been a whirlwind lately!

Between preparations for my good friend's bridal shower this past Saturday and organizing the upcoming Maiden's Quest reunion this coming Saturday, I have been on the go constantly.

I am so excited to report that Tara's shower was a pink success! Hopefully, pictures will be available soon. Kelly was the official photographer of the event, and I'm sure she snapped some lovely photos, capturing the fun times for a lifetime of memories!

I am also excited to report that we are expecting nearly 170 maidens and mothers for the reunion this weekend! Not only does this number far exceed my expectations, but I am utterly amazed that alumni are driving in from all over the state. We are expecting friends from the Dallas, Austin, Kerrville, and Houston areas. What a time it will be!

Tara and I would so appreciate your prayers for the reunion, specifically that the Lord would be honored and glorified by all that's said and done, and that those who come will be impacted deeply to pursue God's best in the area of purity.

On a personal note, I would also appreciate prayer for sleep. For some reason, my body has not been able to sleep much at all for the past week. Thankfully, God's grace is proving sufficient to carry me through each day with energy and strength, but I am concerned about the lack of sleep I've been getting. Even when I go to bed early, I have been spending most of each night tossing and turning. Your prayers in this area would be a blessing!

Until the next news flash...!

4 comments:

Sarah Beth said...

thanks for the quick update! I'm looking forward to the pictures! : ) I'll be praying for you...

Katrina Marie said...

Thank you, Sarah! Love you!

Keilah said...

Yay! I am so excited to *hopefully* see pictures of the shower, how fun!

I hope y'all have a great time this Saturday. We will be praying!

Love,
Keilah

Kate said...

Yes we are praying for the MQ reunion, and also will be praying for your sleep! :( No fun to lie awake at night. I hate, hate that. Maybe it's stress?

Can't wait to see y'all!
Love Kate