Sunday, January 9, 2011

Meanwhile, Back In the Valley...

What a whirlwind week it has been!

My family arrived home from Ukraine on Tuesday night after two full days of international travel that included a brief overnight in London. It was so good to sleep in our own beds again and experience the delightfully warm temperatures of Texas!

For me, Wednesday - Friday were days filled with laundry, catching up with friends and family, tending to various sundry home details, and then re-packing my bags for my return to language school.

I arrived here at the Rio Grande Bible Institute yesterday afternoon and am SO excited to be back! It was wonderful to have a break during December, but I found that I really missed school and all that it entails: the language, the people, the campus activities. What a blessing it is to be here once again!

As soon as I was picked up from the airport, Spanish has been in full swing! I was concerned that I had forgotten a lot and that my conversation skills had become rusty over Christmas break. However, I am finding that it has not taken long at all to re-adjust to Spanish mode, and my speaking skills are quickly catching back up to where they were before. Thank You, Lord!

Most returning students don't arrive until tomorrow or later this week, so I have been having a marvelous time getting to know the new students. There are six new girls in our dorm from Mexico, Colombia, Ecuador, Chile, and Nicaragua. They are very sweet, fun-loving young women! I am forward to getting to know them better as the semester progresses.

Of course it's also wonderful to re-connect with old friends and staff from last semester. We have enjoyed long conversations over meals and volleyball once again at our beloved cancha!

Tomorrow is registration day and then classes begin on Tuesday. The semester promises to be full and rewarding!

No comments: