Sunday, August 12, 2018

Adoniah Turns 3!

At the beginning of this month, our third-born turned 3! He is a bundle of energy, mischief, happy grins, and strong opinions! I'm going to be honest and admit that it's been a challenging year helping him navigate big emotions and learn to obey.  And it's an ongoing process that we are still very much in the thick of. The Lord has used Adoniah to teach me so much about how desperately I need His grace every day to be a patient mommy. So many days I fail and need to ask forgiveness of Him and my children, yet His mercies are new every morning! I am thankful for this exuberant boy of mine who pushes me to rely on the Lord more and to cry out for wisdom in teaching him character both through instruction and example.

Adoniah is definitely the tag-along little brother who always wants to be doing what Isaac and Josiah are doing. He loves to do school, help in the kitchen, play outside, read books, take baths, and ride his tricycle. Yet, as much as Addy wants to be doing whatever the big boys are doing, sometimes he has had a hard time growing up, sharing me with Silas, and not being the baby anymore. Multiple times every day, he comes up to me and says, "I want to 'hode' you, Mommy." (His way of saying, "Will you hold me?") He finally learned how to go poop in the potty which was a major victory that we celebrated with chocolate! :) The rest of potty training is almost there and I think he will soon be able to stay dry all the time...

My favorite memories with Adoniah from this past year are of him repeating after me our special bedtime phrases whenever I tuck him in for a nap or evening sleep. He started it all on his own and it melts my heart every time!
"Night, night, Adoniah."
"Night, night."
"I'll see you when you wake up!"
"See you when you wake up."
"I love you."
"I love you." (said with a grin)

I have enjoyed seeing his speech abilities develop this year, his excitement every time he sees "the letter A for Adoniah," and his sweet affection for his family deepen. He is a precious child with a big heart and an even bigger personality who still fills our life with sunshine even in the midst of the stormy days! I can't wait to see what this new year of life will hold for Adoniah and pray that God will use his enthusiasm to accomplish great good in this world! ;)

(These pictures are not in chronological order, but Blogger is giving me problems trying to rearrange them, so they will just have to be out of order for the time being.)

He was so little in this picture!

Fun times at the Bob Evens Farm Festival!

Feeling the sheep's wool.

Shopping buddies!

Sneaking green beans.

Even though it's blurry, I love the expression on his face! Such a classic Adoniah excited look!

The first day of "school."

Fine motor practice.




"Tractors are my best fing in da world!"
(translation: Tractors are my favorite!)



Mr. Mischief-Maker - a magnet for mess!


Those eyes.

Sampling the batter is the best part.


He loves to play dress up with Jo!

Snow cream - yum!

He also considers his green blankie to be a "best fing!"

It takes both the sunshine and the rain to make a rainbow.



Growin up!

Adoniah Wesley, our big 3 year old!

No comments: