Friday, February 8, 2008

A Quick Tour Around Town

A few weeks ago, I posted a small handful of pictures of the neat looking buildings are here, with the promise for more soon. Well, a couple of days ago, I was able to get out for a nice, long walk to the downtown "center" area of town and take those promised pictures! So, welcome to a virtual tour of L'viv!

Mr. Shevchenko welcomes you!

This is the opera house - rated to be the second most beautiful opera house in Europe!

A bank

Hotel George

An office building and book store

A busy part of town... Another pretty bank with a fresh coat of green paint!

The residential area

A very fun looking little truck ~ though I don't think anyone drives it.

And of course, there would be a McDonald's here!

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Great pictures! You don't know me...but I'm a very good friend of the Courters who are good friends of the Steeles. Anyway, to make a long story short...that's how I found your blog! :)

Katrina Marie said...

Thanks for your encouragement, Rachel! Yes, I've heard of the Courters from the Steeles, so that connection makes sense...
God bless!