Thursday, February 21, 2008

Home Sweet Home

This past Tuesday, after 5 wonderful, busy weeks with my friends in Ukraine, I bid farewell to Joshua, Kelsie, Abby, and Rebekah and boarded a plane for home. It was a lengthy journey from Ukraine to Frankfurt, over the wide, blue Atlantic ocean to Washington D.C., and then at last - to the waiting arms of my family in Texas! I was exhuasted after traveling a full 24 hours with little sleep, and oh-so-glad to finally reach my beloved bed! :) To those of you who prayed for my safety in travel - thank you! The Lord gave me great protection and smoothness each step of the way.

God has been so good to me. As I sat on the plane, reflecting back over my experiences in Ukraine, remembering His many blessings and lessons for the heart, and coming to an ever-deepening understanding of His great love, tears welled up in my eyes. I am awe-struck when I ponder the amazing fact that the God of this universe - so great and powerful and big - chooses to be intimately acquainted and personally involved with the lives of us tiny little beings called people . He loves us so much that He cares to teach us His ways and fashion us more in His image. Though His teachings sometimes mean pain, sorrow, or lonliness, these times of refining are a gift of His love just as the times of joy and blessing are, for they serve to deepen my relationship with Him and strengthen my trust in Him. I am so grateful that He cares for me so much. I am so grateful for His teachings, His guidance, His presence. How I look forward to the day when I can see Him face to face and run into His arms!

For now, the joy of being home is sweet! I have relished the opportunities of morning quiet time spent at Jesus' feet as well as the pleasure of visiting non-stop with my family about all these past weeks have contained! Looking ahead to the coming days, I am excited about what the Lord has in store.

To God be the glory ~ great things He hath done!

No comments: