Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Jesus in Ephesians 1

Recently, I've been reading through the book of Ephesians, specificully looking for the descriptions, attributes, and manifestations of Jesus. Here is what I found in chapter 1:

~ He is the Giver of grace and peace

~ The Father works through Jesus in these ways:
*He blesses me with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ
*He has chosen me in Jesus before the foundation of the world and given me this purpose: to be holy and without blame before Him in love
*He adopted me by Jesus Christ to Himself

~ Jesus is the Beloved
I am accepted in the Beloved

~ In Jesus is redemption through His blood - the forgiveness of sins! - according to the riches of His grace

~ Jesus abounds in grace toward me in all wisdom and prudence

~ Jesus made known unto me the mystery of His will because it pleased Him to do so. This is the mystery: in the fulness of time, He will gather together as one whole all things in Himself.

~ In Jesus, I have obtained an inheritance

~ Jesus works all things after the counsel of His own will

~ He has predestinated me to fulfill this purpose: that I should be to the praise of His glory

~ Jesus is trustworthy
I trusted in Him after I heard the word of truth

~ After I believed in Him, He sealed me with the Holy Spirit of promise

~ The Holy Spirit is the earnest (or reality) of my inheritance

~ My Father can give me the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of Jesus Christ. He can enlighten the eyes of my understanding so that I will know:
*the hope of His calling
*the exceeding greatness of His power to me and the working of it

~ Jesus was raised from the dead by this mighty power and set at the right hand of the Father

~ Jesus is far above all principality and power, and might, and dominion, and name

~ All things are under the feet of Jesus

~ Jesus is the head over the church (which is His body)

Writing down all these descriptions and details pertaining to my Great Savior provided such rich insight from the Word of God! I hope you are as blessed as I was by reading them...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for blessing me! :) I just started reading your blog.