Thursday, March 6, 2008

Let's Go Rodeo!

I guess you could say I have not been a true Texan in 11 years...because that's how long it's been since I've attended the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo - one of the biggest events of the year!

This year, my aunt had an extra ticket and invited me to accompany her. I had a blast! We started out at the livestock show admiring all the ranchers' various breeds of cattle, oohing and aahing over the new baby farm animals (I got to "pet" a brand new piglet for the first time ever!), watching a modern-day milking demonstration, and in general, just enjoying the sights and sounds (notice I didn't say smells?) of the festive event.

Now that's a Texas long horn!

After wandering around in the livestock show, we entered the stadium and found our seats. The actual rodeo events were my favorite part of the evening - everything from bull riding to barrell racing!

There go the chuck wagon races!

It was a delightful evening spent with my aunt.

And now, I'm back to being a true Texan.

That's a comforting thought.

1 comment:

Emily Snodgrass said...

Chica, you look so good in a cowboy hat...I should know! ;) I especially like the black and white one of you and your aunt.