Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Perspective

"Cause me to hear Thy lovingkindness in the morning; for in Thee do I trust: cause me to know the way wherein I should walk; for I lift up my soul unto Thee." Psalm 143:8

Lately, I have been fervently praying for God's clear direction regarding future steps in my life. There are so many opportunities that I could be involved in; so many ideas I have for investing in eternity; so many people who have asked committments of me in different areas.
But what is God's best?

Five years of learning to trust the Lord for direction regarding future pursuits has taught me a whole lot of what it really means to seek His will and wait for His revelation. Just when it seems I have finally learned how to fully trust Him and rest in Him, I am brought face-to-face with a new season of needing His guidance! Welcome back to kindergarten basics.

The above verse from Psalms keeps making an appearance before my eyes, and I feel like it captures the cry of my heart so eloquently! How similarly David and I think sometimes!

Another verse from today's 23rd Psalm also reminded me that "He leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for His Name's sake."
His Name's sake.
I am seeking the path of His direction not for my peace of mind, my satisfaction, or a boost to my spirituality. It is all for His Name's sake.

How comforting it is to receive such perspective.
Be still my soul. My God is in control.

3 comments:

Kalani said...

Your ministry is bringing such blessings to my life today via the web. It's amazing that I even found your website!
I really needed to hear this:
"I am seeking the path of His direction not for my peace of mind, my satisfaction, or a boost to my spirituality. It is all for His Name's sake."
Thank you for your bright example!
May the light of Christ direct your steps!
A sister in Christ,
Kalani

Anonymous said...

I will be in prayer for you, Katrina, prayer for the Lord to direct your path. I am also thanking the Lord for your ministry. It has been such a blessing to so many people...including generational.

Katrina Marie said...

Thank you so much! Your prayers mean a great deal to me. How comforting to know that our Father is in control and has a perfect plan.