Saturday, April 26, 2008

The Will of God

As I stated in my prior blog post, I have been praying much for God's specific direction pertaining to decisions that concern future pursuits. As I have been earnestly "seeking His will" for the specifics, I stumbled across a study I jotted down several years ago entitled, "What is the Will of the Lord?", as learned from Luke chapter one. Re-reading this study has served to remind me of the will of God according to the bigger picture.

~ Be righteous, walking in God's commandments - Luke 1:6

~ Believe the words of the Lord - Luke 1:20

~ Go to others in the Spirit and power of Jesus - Luke 1:17a

~ For the hearts of fathers to be turned to their children - Luke 1:17b

~ For the disobedient to be turned to the wisdom of the just - Luke 1:17c

~ To make ready a people prepared for the Lord - Luke 1:17d

~ It is the will of the Lord to do the impossible at times - Luke 1:37

~ Magnify the Lord - Luke 1:45

~ Rejoice in God my Savior - Luke 1:47

~ Keep His Name holy - Luke 1:49

~ Fear Him - Luke 1:50

~ Be humble - Luke 1:51

~ Serve Him without fear in holiness and righteousness - Luke 1:74-75

~ For ust to give light to them that sit in darkness and to give knowledge of salvation to other people - Luke 1:76

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you, Katrina, for the verses. We are reading and meditating upon each one to make sure we too are living for Jesus. What an inspiration, example and blessing you, Tara and the ministry are to so many people.