Thursday, July 31, 2008

Set Apart for the Lord

This past weekend was truly a mountain-top experience - both literally and spiritually speaking! I am so grateful for the Lord's leading to go to the Set Apart Girl weekend in Colorado with the Ludys. It was a time of delightful fellowship, much-needed refreshing, and convicting challenge to the core of my soul.

The fourteen other young women who attended the retreat were a wonderful group of companions from all walks of life with whom to share the experience. Though personalities, family/educational backgrounds, and current life pursuits were diverse, we were unified in our desire to seek the Lord wholeheartedly and live a poured-out life for Christ. One of the richest blessings from the weekend was the fact that every single conversation with these girls, without exception, revolved around the Lord Jesus. Shallow and meaningless small talk just didn't exist! I love talking about the Lord and was so delighted to unite with others who do too! :)
Set Apart Girls 2008

Here's a quick overview of what the weekend contained:
Friday evening - Pizza dinner followed by discipleship session with Eric at the church (DYNAMIC!)

Saturday - Teaching from Leslie 8:00 a.m.-9:00 p.m. followed by a prayer session until 11:30 p.m. (throughout the day we had opportunity for fellowship over meal breaks and then enjoyed an afternoon excursion to the local coffee shop)

Sunday - Ministry update by Eric, group pictures, book signings by the Ludys.
Afternoon excursion to a park in the mountains for quiet time with the Lord, and then fellowship time in Estes Park.
Church service in the evening - more dynamic preaching by Ben Davenport, Eric's co-pastor.

Monday - fellowship at Annie's house (event coordinator) and opportunity to share what God taught us from the retreat.

God has used this retreat to teach me many important lessons, to deepen convictions, and to draw me closer to His heart. I have tried to type out a summary here of what He's doing in my heart and the inspiration He gave at the retreat, but I can't seem to encase His Spirit's lessons in the right words at this moment.

Suffice it to say that committed prayer is an area I'm striving to answer His call to while waiting for His leading regarding the future steps of my life. My eyes were opened to incredible needs that exist right now beyond America regarding poor, orphaned, and destitue children and young women. I don't know yet how exactly God wants me to be the hands and feet of Christ to these precious "least ones", but I do know that He wanted me to hear and see these needs for a reason.

As we were challenged to live radical, poured out lives for the Lord, holding nothing back from service to Him, eternity was stamped even more deeply on my heart. I am more grateful than ever to Jesus for His rescue of my life from the destitution of sin, and I'm ready to answer His call to go and do likewise.

I had a lot of fun with my new camera on the trip and hope you enjoy all the pictures!
Eric and Leslie

The cutest yellow house in Windsor!

A truly Christ-filled home
The view of the mountains from the Ludys' yard...beautiful

Hudson (3) and Harper (1) - the Ludys' adorable children

The cozy living room where we enjoyed our breaks

Leslie's studio where our Set Apart Girl sessions were held

My table

The friends at my table :)

Daisies - a reminder of God's love

Leslie - a passionate lover of Jesus Christ and teacher of His ways

Listening attentively...

Afternoon break at Loodles - the winsome coffee shop Eric's brother started where he combines his humorous art work with delicious beverages and stimulating books.

Loodles was definitely the cutest coffe shop I've ever been in!

Gathering around for our drinks. I had my first ever iced chai - and it was scrumptious!

The eloquent Eric Ludy

With Leslie and Harper

Isn't Harper adorable? Eric and Leslie adopted her from Korea last summer.

Heading to Estes Park

Beautiful mountain stream

My quiet nook at a nature park where I met with the Lord

Welcome to Estes!

Stanley Village in Estes Park

My lunch :-)

More lovely scenery

The historic Stanley Hotel

View from inside the hotel lobby

Quaint elegance

Quite the historic piano!

Time for a souvenir :)

Yay for chocolate and friends!

Can you tell I love the mountains???

Thank you, Lord, for a wonderful trip!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Katrina -
What a thrilling weekend you had with the Lundys, your new friends and the Lord. I am on pins and needles to see where the Lord directs your hands and feet to the honor of Christ.
LOVE the pictures! How fun to have a new camera!
Thank you for the great posts!
Much joy and love to you,
Evann's mother

~ Jenifer said...

Welcome back, Katrina and thank-you for sharing your wonderful experience! I was in such high excpectancy for this post all week-end :-)I loved reading it and seeing all the lovely pictures. It truly looks like a blessed and delightful time - I'm happy that yo got to go!
Blessings, and may the Lord continue to guide your life and future!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful pictures, Katrina! We go to Estes Park, CO every other year and just love it!

The conference with Leslie sounds amazing! So glad you had a wonderful time!

Love,
Kate