Thursday, July 24, 2008

Set Apart Girl Weekend

One of my favorite verses in Scripture says, "Delight thyself in the Lord, and He shall give thee the desires of thine heart." (Psalm 37:4)

Over the past 9 years that I have been a Christian, I have seen the truth of this verse proven over and over again.

One of the desires of my heart for awhile now has been the opportunity to attend an "Authentic Girl" weekend retreat in Colorado led by Leslie Ludy. Eric and Leslie Ludy are among my favorite authors and spiritual heroes, having been used greatly by God to stir within me an ever-deepening longing to love Christ and walk intimately with Him. This year, Leslie is diving even deeper into the call of God upon a young woman's life with a new kind of retreat entitled Set Apart Girl.

Less than two months ago, as I was sitting in my room spending time with the Lord, His gentle whisper spoke to my heart saying, "I want you to go to that retreat." Immediately, my response was, "Oh, but Lord, even though You know how I'd love to attend, I can't afford it!" In reply, He said, "Don't worry about the money. I'll take care of it. I want you to attend the retreat."

Later that day, I typed in http://www.authenticgirl.com/ to see if any of the retreats scheduled for this summer contained any remaining slots. Three out of four summer weekends were full; the one remaining said it had 5 openings left. So, I emailed the event coordinator asking if these 5 slots were taken yet. Her reply came back that afternoon - "We have one slot left. Would you like me to hold it for you?"

Suffice it to say, I was amazed. God used this circumstance to confirm to me His leading. After discussing the opportunity with my parents and receiving their blessing, I registered for the July 25-26 retreat.

And so, the time is at hand, and I am excited! Tomorrow I depart for Colorado where I'll spend the weekend with the Lord, with fellow set apart girls, and with the Ludys. Knowing that the Lord is the One who is taking me there, I am full of anticipation to learn of Him and seek His face.

The timing of this retreat is perfect. As I come away from long, busy days nannying little ones, my spirit is thirsty for refreshment in the presence of my Savior and His precious saints.

If you think of it, I would so appreciate prayers for safe travel with no weather problems (had enough of that in Atlanta!), and that God would draw me closer to Him. Thank you!
I'll be sure to give a full report of my experiences next week as time permits.

"When Thou saidst, Seek ye my face; my heart said unto Thee, Thy face, Lord, will I seek."
Psalm 27:8

5 comments:

~ Jenifer said...

How exciting, Katrina! I am so happy for you!
I have not yet had the opportunity to read any of the Ludy's literature, but heard so much of it.
I hope you have a fun and blessed time there and a safe trip, of course!
Because of Him,
Jenifer

Anonymous said...

Katrina -
The Whitt family will be praying for you during this exciting adventure. We cannot wait to hear how the Lord provided, refreshed and encouraged you! You, and all the MQM ladies are so dear to us.
May you enjoy all the many blessings the Lord will graciously bestow upon you each and every day.
Evann' mom,
Mrs. Whitt

Anonymous said...

katrina...I will be praying for you...and I hope you have a wonderful time!!!
love, quinn

Anonymous said...

That is so exciting Katrina! We will be praying! We are out of town right now, too - hence the lack of communication from us! :)

Thinking of you!
Much love,
The Bridges

Hannah B. said...

Hello Katrina!
I am so excited for you! I too have been very blessed by the Ludy's ministry...I know you will have a wonderful time!
Blessings,
Hannah Burwell