Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Living the Truth

"One of Satan's strategies is to blind us to the lies we have bought into - to make us assume that because we know the Truth, we also believe the Truth. Countless times over the years, I have counseled with women who claim to believe the Truth of God's Word; but the way they live their lives - their choices, their priorities, their response to pain - reveals that they do no really believe the Truth. However, what we believe is revealed, not by what we know or what we say we believe, but by how we actually live."

~ Nancy Leigh DeMoss
from Lies Women Believe

7 comments:

~ Jenifer said...

Amen, that is so right about us women - many times we are too content to simply know truth, and not really live it. Thanks for the challenging thought! I like that book very much :-)

Christy said...

Also, we often have a hard time reconciling what we know is to be Truth and what we want the truth to be. :)
Glad I found you! How are you?

Katrina Marie said...

I'm doing great,thanks! May I ask who "The Mama of the Peas" is?

:-)

- Katrina

Christy said...

Oh, sorry, this is Christy Hebert. If you send me your email address, I will invite you to my blog. I can't have an open blog right now, due to our new company's security policies.

Katrina Marie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Christy said...

Invitation sent! :)

Katrina Marie said...

Thanks for the invite! I enjoyed reading your news. You're quite the writer. :)