Thursday, September 25, 2014

Thankful Thursday

This post has been a challenge in the making on a particularly trying day.  Despite all the fussiness of children today, the difficulty juggling several balls at once, the fatigue I've felt, the irritations I have experienced (and sometimes given into), the pain and swollen lip from a head bonk from my toddler, I have tried throughout the day to whisper thanks to the Lord for little blessings.  Here goes...

891.  Running water.  After last week's experience without it for nearly 24 hours, I am grateful everyday for this precious commodity, especially on a day like today when I spent a lot of time cooking!

892.  My wonderful husband who recognized my frustrations today and stepped in at lunch and dinner to help with the kiddos, to compliment and kiss me, and who even scrubbed a VERY dirty stove top just to bless me!  His little actions of love meant a lot to me today.

893.  My Facebook friends who offered words of encouragement

894.  The grace of God and the reminder that He is long-suffering and forgiving...and I should be too!

895.  My little boys who bring me so much joy, even on days when they try my patience something fierce! :)

896.  Frozen zucchini to soothe my swollen, throbbing lip

897.  A bit of rest during the boys' nap times

898.  Josiah's smiles and giggles and sweet baby smell

899.  A lovely walk in the cool of the evening

900.  The end of a long day and the opportunity for a fresh start tomorrow!

1 comment:

Emily said...

A very sweet list!!