Friday, July 21, 2017

Reflections on Motherhood


A friend shared this graphic many weeks ago and it really resonated with me. So often, I feel pulled in many directions, and there is always a “to-do” list in my head that seems a mile long, which can result in feelings of being discouraged and overwhelmed if I let it. With 4 little children 4 and under, including a nursing baby, who all have MANY needs, with meals to crank out, dishes to then wash, laundry to keep on top of, spills to clean up, floors to vacuum and sweep, homeschooling lessons to teach, a toddler to keep out of mischief, a Plexus business to maintain, church ministries to prepare for, a husband to help, chickens to care for, flowers to water, and, oh yes - I must get some sleep too! ....it can be hard to take the time to SLOW down, put the tasks on hold, and just BE with my children. To simply delight in their delights. To have fun with them and not just dish out instructions, discipline, and lectures all day long. I am really trying to be intentional about savoring these little years. To let my toddler push the buttons on the washing machine and watch his little face light up with a grin. To push my oldest on the swing so his feet touch the branches of the tree and he feels exhilarated. To let my 3-year-old cook in the kitchen even when it means the job takes longer and will get messier. To slow down long enough to talk to my baby and watch him giggle. I really believe there is great truth in the words of this picture. Now, to live it out every day; that is my heart’s desire! All I can say is, praise God for His beautiful, wonderful grace, which gives strength and hope in the midst of the craziness of life!

1 comment:

Rudi and Carla Booher said...

Thank you for sharing this! Yes, it is so hard to slow down and just be "unbusy." God bless you!