Monday, June 9, 2008

Meditations from Job

Lately, I have been reading through the book of Job in accordance with my Bible college studies. In the midst of beautiful, and sometimes hard-to-understand poetic expressions from Job and his friends, there emerge many nuggets of glorious truth about the Lord and our relationship with Him! I encourage you to slowly read through each of the following verses, taking time to adore and worship our Creator-Father, for He is truly wonderful.

"He is wise in heart, and mighty in strength:
who hath hardened himself against Him and hath prospered?"
- Job 9:4

"God doeth great things past finding out; yea and wonders without number."
- Job 9:10

"Thine hands have made me and fashioned me together round about...Thou hast clothed me with skin and flesh, and hast fenced me with bones and sinews. Thou hast granted me life and favor, and Thy visitation hath preserved my spirit."
- Job 10:8, 11, 12

"In [the Lord's] hand is the soul of every living thing, and the breath of all mankind...With Him is wisdom and strength, He hath counsel and understanding."
- Job 12:10, 13

"Though He slay me, yet will I trust Him...He also shall be my salvation."
- Job 13:15-16

"For I know that my Redeemer liveth, and that He shall stand at the latter day upon the earth: and though after my skin worms destroy this body, yet in my flesh shall I see God."
- Job 19:25-26

"But He knoweth the way that I take: when He hath tried me, I shall come forth as gold. My foot hath held His steps, His way have I kept and not declined...I have esteemed the words of His mouth more than my necessary food."
- Job 23:10, 12

"He stretcheth out the north over the empty place, and hangeth the earth upon nothing. He bindeth up the waters in His thick clouds...He holdeth back the face of His throne, and spreadeth His cloud upon it. He hath compassed the waters with bounds...He divideth the sea with His power, and by His understanding He smiteth through the proud. By His spirit He hath garnished the heavens."
- Job 26:7-13

"All the while my breath is in me, and the spirit of God is in my nostrils."
- Job 27:3

"He bindeth the floods from overflowing; and the thing that is hid bringeth He forth to light."
- Job 28:11

"Behold, the fear of the Lord, that is wisdom;
and to depart from evil is understanding."
- Job 28:28

"The spirit of God hath made me, and the breath of the Almighty hath given me light."
- Job 33:4

1 comment:

Evann said...

Wow! Those are amazing verses, Katrina! Thanks for sharing them with us!