Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Catching Up...

Seeing as how it's been nearly a week since my last post, I decided it was high time to post a catch-up report on the various things that have been transpiring around here lately.

Last week was a very busy and exhausting week of nannying, especially having come right off a trip out of town. My little charges were still battling colds when I returned to them, and then a nasty tummy bug entered the household. Yes. I know. Not fun.

After a marvelous day off on Saturday, I started noticing a funny queasy feeling in my stomach that evening. Yes, definitely not fun. The bug got me good and I was in bed throughout the remainder of the weekend. As a result, I was home on Monday recovering, home on Tuesday due to a tropical storm in the city, and...home today as well because the children's grandparents came over to care for them! The Lord is so good. He knew I needed a chance to rest and catch up on home projects.

These past several days have been full of ample opportunity to spend time with the Lord in prayer and the reading of His Word. In His presence is truly the fulness of joy.
I've also seized the spare time to do some research on the needs of orphans, enslaved children, those who are forced into prostitution as young girls, and the destitute little ones who share our world; needs that I learned about and was gripped by while on my retreat in Colorado. I'll tell you - this research has continued to fuel the fires of passion God is stirring up in my heart to be the hands and feet of Christ to real, hurting children/young women. I don't know yet what He wants me to do about all that I'm learning, but He comforted my heart that the doing time hasn't come yet. Right now, He simply wants to give me His heart through the learning. Then, the doing will come.

Yesterday, I sat down at the piano to play a few songs. Upon opening the hymn book, I was stunned to encounter a song on the very page that fell open which totally and completely encompassed the thoughts of my heart. As I played through it and sang the words, it was as though the Holy Spirit descended in that very moment confirming His working in my heart. I could not help but weep...

Let Your Heart Be Broken

"Let your heart be broken for a world in need
Feed the mouths that hunger, soothe the wounds that bleed,
Give the cup of water and the loaf of bread
Be the hands of Jesus, serving in His stead.

Here on earth applying principles of love
Visible expression God still rules above,
Living illustration of the Living Word
To the minds of all who've never seen and heard.

Blest to be a blessing, privileged to care
Challenged by the need apparent everwhere,
Where mankind is wanting fill the vacant place,
Be the means thru which the Lord reveals His grace.

Add to your believing deeds that prove it true
Knowing Christ as Savior, make Him Master too:
Follow in His footsteps, go where He has trod
In the world's great trouble risk yourself for God.

Let your heart be tender and your vision clear
See mankind as God sees, serve Him far and near:
Let your heart be broken by a brother's pain,
Share your rich resources - give and give again."

May the Lord's work be unhindered in my heart. My greatest longing at this moment is to be totally yielded to the plans of my Jesus - wherever they may take me, and to whomever He wants me to minister.

Tomorrow, I know that means the Goad children. :-) And so, I shall return to my precious little motherless charges - refreshed and invigorated for the mission ahead!

No comments: