Thursday, February 12, 2009

Learning from Isaiah...

With Thursdays being one of my "home days" each week, I try to take advantage of the lack of outside commitments in order to complete assignments for my Bible college studies. Today has been especially quiet and has certainly afforded ample opportunity for attending to school work!

Isaiah has been the book of study for the past several months, and I'm currently working on the final assignment which is an expositional outline of every chapter. (Gulp!) "Slow and steady wins the race" is proving to be true, though, and I'm hoping to be able to mail off my packet of homework by the end of February.

As I was typing out a summary of chapters 24-27 today, I came across several verses that especially struck a chord within me, and I thought I'd post them here!

"O Lord, Thou art my God; I will exalt Thee, I will praise Thy Name; for Thou has done wonderful things; Thy counsels of old are faithfulness and truth.

For Thou has been a strength to the poor, a strength to the needy in his distress, a refuge from the storm, a shadow from the heat, when the blast of the terrible ones is as a storm against the wall.

He will swallow up death in victory; and the Lord God will wipe away tears from off all faces; and the rebuke of His people shall He take away from off all the earth: for the Lord hath spoken it. And it shall be said in that day, Lo, this is our God; we have waited for Him, and He will save us: this is the Lord; we have waited for Him, we will be glad and rejoice in His salvation.

Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on Thee: because he trusteth in Thee. Trust ye in the Lord forever: for in the Lord JEHOVAH is everlasting strength.

The desire of our soul is to Thy name..."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"The desire of our soul is to thy name..." has been my prayer. I only want to desire what our Lord desires for me. Isn't it an amazing love that our Lord and Creator has wonderful desires for each one us?? God desires for us! Just meditate on that one for awhile...it is truly encouraging and uplifting!
Thanks for sharing your thoughts and life with us!
Blessings,
The Whitt family