Saturday, February 28, 2009

Miracle on Britford Street


It's FINISHED!

I am SO excited!


The LORD has heard and answered my prayer!


My assignment on the book of Isaiah is officially DONE and IN THE MAIL!


May the Name of the Lord be praised!!! He has worked a miracle for me this week and I am so grateful!

My goal all month has been to finish Isaiah by the end of February. (Since I do correspondance studies, I set my own deadlines.) However, on Monday of this past week, I approached my schoolwork rather dismally. I still had 26 chapters to write an exposition on, and my track record up to that point had proven that I took about one hour to complete each chapter. I knew there was no way I could log 26 hours this week on school work! I contemplated tossing my self-imposed deadline out the window, but finally decided to just buckle down and work as hard as possible to at least see how much progress I could make.

And I prayed. I begged God to somehow, someway help me complete the work by February 28.

Well, He did! Due to the fact the chapters 40-66 are so familiar to me (compared to chapters 1-39), I found that I could complete my work in half the time it had taken thus far! The Lord encouraged me greatly this progress and I took hope that maybe...just maybe, I could actually get my work finished by the end of the week!

Sure enough, by 11:00 p.m. on Thursday, I leaned back in my chair with a deep sigh of gratefulness. The last sentence had been written; the last verse quoted. I was done!

Today, my mom and I proof-read every page one last time and then into the mailbox it went!

I can't tell you what a relief it is to have brought closure to this assignment that has been in the works for five months! I was so ready to have it complete - and the Lord has made it possible!
Now, it's time for a little break (and maybe a little blogging!) before my next assignment arrives in the mail. :-)

5 comments:

Lindsay said...

Congratulations on completing your assignment, Katrina! I'm so excited for you! :)

Anonymous said...

Yea! I know how those self-imposed deadlines can be sometimes...:)

Kate said...

Congratulations Katrina!!! I am excited for you - it looks like a huge project! You look darling in the picture - I love your hat! :)
We miss you!

Anonymous said...

Praise the Lord indeed! He never ceases to amazes me.
Blessings,
The Whitt family

Anonymous said...

BTW - you look sooo cute in your hat!!! And we like the touch of flowers in the background!
Have a wonderful week!!
Blessings,
The Whitt family