Monday, April 13, 2009

Life Update

Greetings to each of you from my little corner of Texas!

It's been a little while since I've shared the happenings of life around here...so, considering that today is a day off work for me, I thought I'd post a bit of news!

For starters, my sister, Katelin, seems to be having the time of her life in Colorado right now! She's visiting Nathan for several weeks before his return to Ukraine in May and is treasuring the opportunity to be with him every day before he leaves. They're working together on the renovation of a small house that Nathan purchased several months ago as an investment. He plans to rent it out while he lives on the mission field for the purpose of extra income. Right now, however, it's definitely in the fixer-upper stage! (Though I must say there is a breath-taking view of Pike's Peak out the back window!) Katelin has been up on a ladder most of the week taping off areas for painting and giving primer coats of paint to small areas of the exterior of the house. Despite the crazy weather changes (snow one day, 60 degrees the next!), she has loved donning her grubby clothes and working alonside her "fellow". :-)

In addition to full work days at the new house, Katelin and Nathan (or Nate-lin and Ka-than, as my dad likes to call them) are making plenty of time for "couple time" each evening. For some reason, they just love to sit and talk...and talk...and talk. They also like to take walks, play games with the siblings, cheer on brothers and sisters at swim meets, and laugh with the family around the dinner table. Katelin says she's fit right in with the Day family and is enjoying getting to know each person better.

She informed us last night on the phone that Nathan is officially past the "twitter-pated" stage and has "totally flipped" over her! *smile* Love is definitely in the air at a certain homestead in Colorado!

On a personal note, I am thoroughly enjoying my new job at Care Net Pregnancy Center! For those of you who have asked for more details, my position is officially that of receptionist/office manager, but the actual work I do seems to entail so much more than a mere title can communicate. I answer phone calls, schedule appointments for clients, greet clients as they arrive, connect clients with their counselors, schedule ultrasounds, enter data into the computer, file paperwork, keep forms printed for various uses, type up papers for my director, order supplies, answer questions, manage pick-ups and mail-outs of proof of pregnancies, and much more!

I love the mission of the center. I love the Godly women I get to work with. I love the interaction with our clients. I love the actual work I do. And I especially love the satisfaction of knowing that I'm right where God wants me to be, helping to make a difference in the lives of young women. All-in-all, it's an ideal fit!

The hours are also perfect. I work Monday-Thursday from 9-5. Since my job is such a high-energy position, it is a blessing to have each Friday off! Fridays and Saturdays give me a chance to catch up on rest, housework, and other projects in life. :-)

My plan at this point is to work for at least a year at the pregnancy center, during which time I hope to be finished with Bible college. Then, it is my hope and desire to get established in some form of orphan ministry on the foreign mission field. But we'll see what God's plans are! I've learned over the years that His plans often turn out differently than I originally anticipate...but without a doubt, they are always best!

So...that's life around here these days!

5 comments:

Josiah and Abi Wissmann said...

Hello Katrina!

We found your blog because of Nathan Day's courtship with your sister! :) We know Nathan, and the Day family from years ago when they used to go to our church in Omaha, NE.

Your blog is a blessing, and encouragement! Thanks for the time you take to share. The Lord's blessings, as you continue to honor HIM with your life!

~abi

Sarah Beth said...

Hey there! Thanks for the update! Sorry I wasn't able to talk yesterday! : ( We'll have to schedule another time to chat, ya?
Love ya!

Katrina Marie said...

Hi Abi!

Thanks for the encouraging comment you left! My sister and I enjoyed following your own love story with Josiah as we are big fans of the Wissmann blogs! :-)

It's good to hear from you and connect with a familiar name/face mroe personally! Blessing upon you and Josiah as you seek to honor God with your marriage!

Kate said...

Katrina! What a wonderful update! Thanks so much for sharing that, and I am so excited for you about your new job! That sounds like a wonderful opportunity, and alot of fun too! :) I didn't realize that you weren't just volunteering now. That is awesome!

And we will definitely be praying for you regarding the Lord's wisdom and direction for these next few years! Although I must admit, your thoughts and plans sound great to me, but the Lord directs our steps! :)

Great update about Katelin and Nathan too! :)
With love and prayers,
Kate for the Bridges

~Kris said...

Hello Katrina,

Thanks for the updates. It's wonderful to hear how God is blessing!

-Kristina