Friday, July 10, 2009

Pictorial Update on Life

A few pictures from the past couple months...

Starting to get into the swing of all things "wedding"... I like to keep the mood light. =)

Somebody pining for her sweetheart...


Oh, yes. He is ever on her mind...

Hosting a church-wide baby shower for one of Mom's dear friends.

Nothing like having guests eat in your bedroom!

The guest of honor, herself, with her daughter.

Father's Day Eve

Dad and Pastor Taylor sporting their new church hats on Father's Day.


Wedding dress sewing is underway!


While sewing is hardly an activity I consider exciting...I guess some people feel differently. :-)

My shoes for the wedding - a provision from God on the clearance rack!

Lunch with dear friends on Sunday...

Making time for a little family fun in all the busyness - Go Astros!

8 comments:

allhisgirl said...

Love it! Thanks for sharing!

Leah

~ Jenifer said...

Oh I enjoyed looking through these pics! Loved the shoes :-)

Sarah Beth said...

Thanks for posting those pictures! I LOVE you hair. It looks so good on you!!! And I know what you mean about God providing even shoes! He's done alot of that for my family these past few weeks. : )

Thanks for calling my mom the other day. I know she really enjoyed talking to you.

Have a great day!
ttyl

Sarah Beth

Ruth said...

it's good to see pictures of your family. you all look great!

Anonymous said...

Is she sewing her wedding dress??? WOW!!!!! Now that is a gift from the Lord!
Thanks for sharing your life with us.
Oh, where are the cute couple registered?

Katrina Marie said...

A good friend of our family's is the main seamstress for Katelin's dress, but Katelin is helping every step of the way however she can. They've been working on several "mock" dresses (which you see in these pictures) to figure out the nuances of the pattern ahead of time before cutting in to the beautiful white satin. But yes, Katelin is a very gifted seamstress. I'm convinced it's a spiritual gift that some people get, and others don't! :-)

She and Nathan are registered at Bed, Bath, and Beyond as well as Wal-Mart. They will also be buying several kitchen appliances from an international store that sells 220 voltage appliances. This is important when planning to set up a home in a foreign country!

Katrina Marie said...

Leah, Jenifer, Sarah, and Ruth - thanks for the encouraging comments you left! I enjoy reading them so much!

And Sarah, please tell your mom how much I enjoyed visiting with HER! I'm looking forward to being able to continue our conversation sometime this week when she calls me back. I'd also love to talk with you soon!

Kate said...

Cute, cute pics!! So exciting!!