Sunday, November 15, 2009

Thank you!

Thank you to all of you who prayed for me and my family this past week with the sickness we faced. Your sweet comments greatly brightened my days in bed!

The total count of all who ended up succumbing to the stomach bug turned out to be 21 people. That was one ruthless bug! Not even the bride escaped. :( Katelin got the bug Sunday night and Nathan's commitment to her "in sickness and in health" was quickly put to the test. I hear he passed with flying colors. :-) Thankfully, her bout with the bug passed within 24 hours and they were able to enjoy the rest of their honeymoon tremendously.

Despite the sickness that made such a sweeping pass in our midst, it turned out to be a blessing in disguise for my mom and me. It forced us to rest, which was something we desperately needed. With a house in disarray and a thousand items from the wedding weekend needing to be sorted through and put away, I don't think we would have gotten much rest had we not been forced to our beds by a bug!

Since recovering, I have hit the ground running with my job at the pregnancy center, Bible study at American Chinese Fellowship, another wedding for a dear friend yesterday, my grandmother's birthday last night, and a big day today with visiting missionaries. In between church services, Katelin and Nathan came over to open all their wedding gifts, so as you can see, my life has been packed to the brim!

I have not forgotten about sharing the rest of the details from the wedding weekend; I just haven't had a spare moment to do so! Hopefully, soon I will get more pictures from the many photographers who were present at the big event. In the meanwhile, I hope you enjoy the snapshots from the previous post.

God's blessing on your all for a wonderful week!

3 comments:

Kate said...

Hello Katrina! I wanted to leave a quick post to thank you so much for your sweet call! We have out of town company staying at our house right now, so that explains the reason that we have not called you back yet! But we truly are looking forward to talking with you, and will call as soon as we can!

I am so sorry to hear how many of you got sick - yuck! :( Those were some lovely pictures that you posted, and I look forward to many more! :)

With love,
Kate for the Bridges twins :)

Taylor said...

I'm sorry to hear about all the sickness! I'm glad to know that everyone is feeling better now. What a blessing!

The wedding party looks so nice, and Katelin's dress is gorgeous!! I was so excited to see more pictures! :) ...What a beautiful wedding!

~Taylor

Sarah Beth said...

Oh, please don't feel bad! I know you're swamped! Don't worry though, when you get here you can kick up your feet and rest. hehehe. Um, no! lol Looking forward to hearing from you and getting more stuff planned! We have some amazing news!! lol

~sb