Wednesday, November 4, 2009

The Wedding Countdown

This week has been bursting with wedding preparations, guests coming in town, and lots of food and fun!

Nathan's family of eight arrived late Friday night and were able to join us for the third and final wedding shower - a couples' shower - on Saturday. It was a delightful affair given by our church family. I have pictures to post, just no time to do so! After the shower, we came back to our house and had a blast playing volleyball for several hours. With so many people in the Day family, we had plenty of players for each team!

Sunday included church, a big lunch, and more outdoor activities with the soon-to-be in-laws. It's a good thing we like each other, cause we're spending a LOT of time together this week! :-)

On Monday, I headed off to work while the rest of the clan launched into the big to-do list of the week. First on the agenda was a visit to the seamstress's shop to have a bridesmaid dress fitting. My friend, Kelsie Steele, and her mom drove in town and met up with the ladies at the dress shop just in time for Kelsie's fitting! The rest of Monday was spent by my family tackling numerous other projects for the weekend's festivities, and of course, preparing food for 14 people.

Tuesday was hair day. Two of our good friends came to the house to practice various styles on Nathan's mom and three sisters. They did a great job and the girls' hair looked fabulous from what I could tell from pictures. :-) Meanwhile, decorations, calligraphy, and programs were being worked on elsewhere in the house while the guys in the group toured downtown Houston.
(They didn't need hair-do practice, I guess!) Late in the afternoon, Kelsie was dropped off at the pregnancy center to hang out with me until my work day was over. Then, she and I drove out to the Riddells' home for our own practice-run of hair styles at the expert hands of Tara and Kelly. What a fun night it was!

I don't know what everyone is doing today since I'm at work once again, but I'm sure it includes more of the myriad of details yet to be completed for the big event this Saturday! In addition to the wedding/reception, we're also getting ready for a big party on Friday night. Yes, the work is never-ending! Three more friends are arriving in town today, and most of the relatives come in tomorrow. People, people everywhere - and oh, so much fun!

Tomorrow, I will be taking the day off work so I can be available to help at home with food preparation for the weekend while most of the others go to the church to clean, set-up, and decorate. Maybe, if I happen to stumble across any spare time, I can post a few pictures from around here lately.

3 days to go!

6 comments:

Kate said...

Yeah, Yeah!! We are so excited! And we are definitely praying for y'all for God's peace in the midst of all the crazy, busy, but super fun activity! :)

Anonymous said...

Hello Katrina,

If you would, please give our best to Katelin and let her know that we are keeping her close and will be praying for all of you and your special preparations this weekend!

Our love to you all, Jillayne, Mark and family

Jeremiah 29:11

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

Anonymous said...

Sounds like your having a blast!!!

I pray you all have a wonderful wedding and many blessings for the happy couple! =)

I love your blog posts and look forward to when you detail about the wedding,with plenty of pics to go with it! haha!

Also congrats again on winning the cute journel at YLCF! You do an awesome job!

Esther said...

Ok I forgot to sign my name, so will do so now. =)

Esther

ps. I will be lifting up an extra prayer for you tonight as your sister is now leaving home. It was hard at first when my sister did, but I have a wonderful brother-in-law so it helped the 'pain'. You know what I mean....?

Cheryl Hollifield said...

Praying that all goes smoothly for your family. Please give our best to Katelin! Your family has been more of a blessing than you will ever know.

From Virginia,
Cheryl and Hannah Hollifeld
(Maidens Quest at the Sadlers')

Katharine said...

Looking forward to when you stumble accross that spare time a) so you can sleep! and b) so you can share pictures which I am DYING to see! :)