Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Verse for the Day

"How excellent is thy lovingkindness, O God! therefore the children of men put their trust under the shadow of thy wings. They shall be abundantly satisfied with the fatness of thy house; and thou shalt make them drink of the river of thy pleasures. For with thee is the fountain of life: in thy light shall we see light."
~ Psalm 36:7-9

I read this passage this morning and that last phrase, "in Thy light shall we see light" struck me. I have been meditating upon it throughout the day, trying to understand it. I would love to know your thoughts! What do you think this captivating little phrase means?

Please leave me a comment stating any ideas that come to mind.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

"in Thy light shall we see light"

I think that it means that if we are in God's 'light'...as in doing what He commands us to do (obeying Him)...then we shall see the light. I'm not sure about us seeing the light...maybe it means that we shall see the light--light as in the Truth? I am not sure. This was a huge guess!

What a great passage, Katrina! I really like reading all about your 'lessons from the Lord'. You are such a wonderful writer!

May God use you in a mighty way today...I don't know if you are working today, but if you are, I pray that God would use you to be a blessing in someone else's life today. You have blessed me by giving me so much to understand about Christ...

I love you, dear frind!
love...
quinn

Hannah said...

What a good verse!

The first thing that came to my mind is that we cannot understand anything without Christ. It is in HIS light that we can see the truth and the joy that comes only from Him. (:

Thanks for sharing it!

Anonymous said...

I agree with you Hannah. That is what I was thinking! :)

~Sarah H.