Wednesday, May 19, 2010

More Discipleship Adventures...Chinese Style


Meet my Chinese girls' Bible study.

This is my favorite place to be every Friday night!

We have a great time studying God's Word together. And yes, we have plenty of fun doing so!

Just recently, we started a new study using the book by Elizabeth George entitled A Young Woman After God's Own Heart. It's the first time in five years that we are doing a "formal" study written by an author, rather than a Katrina-created study. :-) I must say, I am enjoying the break from writing lessons, and am finding this book by Elizabeth George to have very basic, practical exhortations which are exactly what my group needs to be learning right now.

Two weeks ago, the girls had a blast making their own journals in which to record their homework assignments as well as special verses from their quiet times with God.


They are all quite gifted when it comes to art of any sort. It was such a joy to watch them delight in this project!

However, it was even more of a joy to hear them read from their journals the following week regarding the story of Mary and Martha as their homework assignment had instructed. Their descriptions of this famous "tale of two sisters" were precious to hear!

I LOVE my Chinese girls!

3 comments:

Kate said...

And don't you just know those Chinese girls LOVE you!!! I can't imagine the impact you are having on their lives! I recognize those journals - I have been writing in mine often and love it! :) Thanks for sharing and see you soon!!!
Much love, Kate

Sarah Beth said...

how encouraging! Thanks for the pictures! : )

~ Jenifer said...

Hello Katrina!

Thanks for sharing this neat story; it was really encouraging to me. You really seem to have a gift for working with young ladies and girls! I have kept up with your blog now for a long time and it never ceases to uplift me.
May God bless you,
Jenifer

p.s.
I am back home for the summer and am keeping a blog as an online journal of it. Drop by and visit me sometime! www.mysummerinbrazil.blogspot.com