Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Answered Prayer!

Meet Samantha! She is the roommate I have been praying over for several months now. What a blessing to finally meet her yesterday!

Samantha is a journalist from Vera Cruz, Mexico. She is 29 years old and speaks almost no English. This is a very helpful factor for me when it comes to learning Spanish, because she's not able to translate words I don't understand. Instead, we go around and around in Spanish or resort to dictionaries until I can finally grasp what is being said. Sometimes, it takes a little while, but eventually, the "aha!" moment arrives in my brain! :-) Samantha is very patient. She is always ready to supply me with words as I grope around in her language looking for the right one. She is also quick to praise, quick to smile, and always ready with a laugh about something.

I think we're going to get along just fine this semester!

Katrina and Samantha

2 comments:

Niki said...

Well, Praise the Lord! Ain't that cool! Not only do you get a roommate that you get along with, but she will help with your language skills, too!

Love the new look, by the way. I haven't stopped by here in a while, so I don't know when you changed your blog, but it looks good!

Praying for you!

~Niki

~ Jenifer said...

Praise the LORD!
Ive' been praying for my future ones, too!