Tuesday, August 3, 2010

A Visit From the Jamesons


Katrina and Jeremiah (age 4) playing Pictionary

There are some families you encounter in life that leave their mark on you forever. The Jamesons are one of these families in my life.

Originally meeting through the Maiden's Quest retreat, I had the privilege of serving in their home for one year as a mother's helper. During this time, I learned much about how to raise bright, energetic, and creative children. Mrs. Jameson taught me by her example what it means to truly delight in one's children and find the greatest joy in raising a family. Her seven youngsters impressed me every time I was with them with their latest projects whether it was filming a movie, sewing skirts without a pattern, building a wooden airplane for the littlest brother to ride it, or knitting a scarf. There is always something interesting going on in their home...garage... backyard...or imaginations!

This past Sunday, we enjoyed having the Jamesons over for a meal and fellowship as well as the opportunity to say goodbye before I head off for language school. They have always been so encouraging and supportive of whatever endeavor I pursue. What a blessing this is!

Thank you, Jamesons, for your friendship and love for the Lord!

No comments: