Monday, September 6, 2010

Quick Update!

Well, it's been a great Labor Day weekend!

My parents came down for the weekend and I had a wonderful time introducing them to my crazy fun Latino world here! They stayed on campus in the guest quarters which made for a very convenient experience. Our time together included meals in the dining hall with the student body, a royal tour of the campus, ping-pong at the student center, late night sports at the cancha, and taking them to my new Spanish church. The weekend provided lots of opportunities for translation as they speak very little Spanish. What an encouragement it was to see the progress that has been made in these last four weeks as I was able to translate conversations and sermons for them! God is so good!

It was great to see Mom and Dad again and spend quality time together. I am so grateful they were able to come visit!

Would you believe, I forgot to take ANY pictures while they were here?

1 comment:

Kate said...

How wonderful you got to see your family!! Tell them hello for us next time you talk to them!
So glad everything is going so well at the language school...audios, amiga! :)
Love you,
Kate