Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Reminded...Inspired

When I read Ann Voskamp's blog post for today, I knew I had to share it.  It both reminded me of the importance of keeping an eternal perspective in the midst of North American life and inspired me to think beyond my comfortable little world.  I've read the book she references, the life of Katie Davis serving in Uganda.  I've read the stories of Ann's travels to visit her Compassion-sponsored children.  I've even walked some similar roads myself in poor countries caring for the destitute and down and out.  Yet, how easy it is for me now, in this new chapter of my life to forget.  To get complacent.  To lose sight of what it means to be a missionary...even living in this desperate, North-American mission field of Taos.  I am grateful for the reminder...and the inspiration.

Click here to read the post.

No comments: