Sunday, May 5, 2013

A Delicious Recipe to Share!

Last night, I had a hankering for soup.  We had opened the windows to air out the house and by the afternoon, things were a little chilly around here!  Soup just sounded like it would hit the spot.

After a bit of searching on the internet for a good recipe, I came across this one.  I just so happened to have some cabbage in the fridge that my mom had bought while she was here but I had never used (we just never eat cabbage!).  And I had a whole package of smoked turkey sausage begging to be eaten!  So Cabbage and Smoked Sausage soup it would be. :)

The results were DELICIOUS!  I had two heaping bowls full and easily could have eaten more, but I decided to be a good girl and stop there. :)  Even my husband, who is neither a big soup fan nor a cabbage eater thought the dish was yummy and full of flavor.  

I did make a few changes to the recipe:

- I did not have beans, but would not have used them if I had.  (Isaac doesn't do well if I eat beans!)

- I did not have tomato sauce

- I used a can of diced tomatoes instead of crushed, since that's what I had on hand

- I used "Better than Bouillon" chicken broth base out of a jar instead of a bouillon cube

- I had to add quite a bit more water than it called for to make up for the lack of bean liquid and tomato sauce...plus I think it would have needed more water anyway

If you are looking for a hearty and healthy soup recipe, I highly recommend trying this one out!

No comments: