Monday, October 14, 2013

More Recipes to Share

Some new recipes I tried over the last couple of weeks that we really enjoyed:

Easy Chicken Pot Pie

Best Chicken Enchiladas (with homemade sauce!)

One Hour Yeast Rolls (whole wheat)

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bars

Parsley Pesto:

(I know you usually make pesto with basil, but I have a pot of parsley growing on my window ledge and needed a way to use it.  I remember sometimes my mom would make pesto with parsley growing up, so I searched online for a recipe and found this one.  It is super delicious!  I'll speak for myself on this one, though, as pesto is not Nathan's favorite.) :)

Almond-Parsley Pesto:
1 packed cup fresh parsley leaves
1/3 cup sour cream
1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
3 tablespoons olive oil, or more as needed
2 tablespoons toasted slivered almonds (or chopped)
3 cloves garlic
1/2 teaspoon salt

Directions:

In a blender, combine the pesto ingredients and process until smooth, adding more oil if necessary to create a sauce-like consistency.

No comments: