Monday, October 24, 2016

The Importance of Gut Health

For the sake of providing information for friends as well as knowing more about the products I'm taking and promoting through the wonderful health and wellness company I shared about recently, I have been studying gut health in my {very limited} spare time this past week. Although I knew gut health was super important since 70-80% of our immune system is headquartered in our gut, I have been learning so much! Forgive me if this bores you, but I just had to share! Did you know that candida yeast overgrowth in the gut is often the main culprit responsible for the following ailments?

- Digestion troubles (such as constipation, IBS, bloating)
- Headaches, migraines
- Skin problems (such as acne, athlete's foot, nail fungus)
- Food allergies
- ADD/ADHD, difficulty focusing
- Lyme disease (originally from ticks, but perpetuated by an unhealthy gut)
- Depression and anxiety
- Recurring yeast infections
- Autoimmune diseases
- Hormonal imbalances

Does any of this sound like something you or someone you know is struggling with? No wonder a healthy gut leads to a healthy life! Factors that trigger or perpetuate gut inflammation, which goes hand in hand with candida yeast overgrowth, can include: prescription hormones (including birth control pills), antibiotics, processed foods, increased amounts of refined carbohydrates (i.e. candy bars, cookies, cake, soft drinks), increased alcohol or caffeine consumption, and stress.

One of the best ways to combat candida yeast overgrowth and restore gut health to our bodies is by limiting/avoiding those trigger factors on the above list and by taking a probiotic. But not all probiotics are created equally! Trust me, I know, because I've tried many of them out there! I'll tell you more about one of the best on the market in the coming days...so stay tuned!    :)#guthealthforthewin  #sharingiscaring

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Please I wanna hear more! I stuggle with quite few of those things you have listed! I am listening!!!!

Katrina Marie said...

I just shared a new post with loads of information about the ProBio5 that is available through Plexus. Let me know if you have any questions!