Friday, November 7, 2008

A Dream Come True


I apologize for the silence on my blog lately, but this week has simply been packed to the brim! Commitments, responsibilities, projects, and deadlines have all clamored for my attention, and thus, blog post entries had to be shelved for the week.

But I have good news!
New blog posts will be coming soon.
And they will be interesting...fascinating...and fun...
because...

(drumroll please)

...my family is going on VACATION!!!

But this is not just any vacation. This is only our third-ever REAL family vacation.
(By real, I mean a trip that is dedicated to something other than a homeschool conference or a visit with relatives.)
And this vacation is a dream come true from the Lord - a trip we've always wanted to take, but have never been able to do...until now.

Destination: Washington D.C. and Colonial Williamsburg

Isn't that exciting?!?!?!

We leave bright and early tomorrow morning. (Thus the reason why I am up past midnight tonight getting ready. I told you it's been a busy week!)

My suitcase is finally packed (except for last-minute toiletry items and such), and my carry-on bag for the plane literally crammed full of preparatory-tourism books for the history buff like me. I have titles such as Signers of the Declaration, Presidents, Vice Presidents, and First Ladies of the United States, George Washington and the Constitution, The National Mall, National Geographic's Official Guidebook to Washington D.C., and The Official guidebook of Colonial Williamsburg. At this rate, I have the feeling that the 3-hour plane trip will seem quick indeed! :-)

Here's our itinerary for the week:
Saturday: Fly into Baltimore, drive to Annapolis and see the sights.

Sundy-Tuesday: Tour D.C. and visit Mt. Vernon

Tuesday Evening-Thursday: Visit our dear friends, the Sadlers, in Gloucester, Virginia

Friday: Visit Colonial Williamsburg

Saturday: Drive back to Baltimore and fly home

I've been looking forward to the possibility of this trip all year and the reality of it for two months! The Lord is so generous to allow my family the privilege and opportunity of experiencing this dream come true when we never thought we'd be able to do so. May His name be praised!

Please pray with us for beautiful weather next week as most of our planned activities will take place outdoors. And please pray that some of the glorious fall colors will be preserved for me! I'm enthralled with the fall colors of Virginia and am earnestly hoping that we haven't missed them!

Stay tuned for future blog posts in the coming days full of pictures and news from our nation's capitol!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have a safe and wonderful trip! I hope it is a wonderful learning experience about our nation's history as well as a relaxing get-away!
Blessings,
Kristin

Sarah Beth said...

Katrina... AWESOME!! Sounds like SO much fun! I've only been once but I fell in love with DC. Have a GREAT time. I'll be praying for you guys. And hey, enjoy the time off. you deserve it! ; ) I'll also pray the Lord would use you all to be a blessing to your friends and have a chance to touch the life of someone all the way out in DC.

Have fun!!

Lots of love,