Saturday, November 1, 2008

Life's Happenings

This week has been rather quiet in comparison to the previous weeks of busy retreat preparations. As such, it has provided ample opportunity for bringing closure to a very significant chapter of life. Maiden's Quest Ministries.

I have sorted through and cleaned out all our materials, finding it necessary to fill only one box for the attic. I have reconciled the finances, written checks for reimbursement to ministry volunteers, composed thank you notes, and updated the website.

Looking back over these past two years, I can only marvel at the goodness of God. Who would have thought that a simple desire to hold an encouraging retreat for teenage girls would blossom into such a ministry? I imagine that when God gave that seed of an idea, He did so with a twinkle in His eye. Of course, He knew what the far-reaching effects would be! Truly, He does exceeding abundantly above all we could ask or think. What a journey it has been...
To have met so many precious young ladies and mothers has been a blessing beyond words. And the memories of these two years are ones I shall cherish forever.

As the door to the season of ministry with Maiden's Quest retreats quietly clicks shut behind me, and I stand on the threshhold of the future, perhaps you are wondering what next?
So am I. :-)

While I don't know exactly what the Lord's leading is for the future, it would seem He is preparing me to enter into long-term missionary service. Where this is to take place, and what I am to be involved with has yet to be made clear. The cry of the orphan has captured my attention, and I believe God has a plan for me that will somehow include bringing love and hope to such little ones. Perhaps in Haiti. Perhaps in South America. I don't know yet. Please pray for the wisdom to know His will and the courage to fulfill it.

Meanwhile, the happenings of my life right now include such weekly activities as spending time with my grandparents, serving as a mother's helper, studying God's Word, volunteering at a pregnancy center, teaching piano, and writing Bible studies. In the midst of it all, I am constantly seeking the face of my God and the understanding of His plans for my life.

To God be the glory...great things He is always doing!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Katrina, it is exciting to hear about your desire for ministry and the possibilities for your future! We will be praying for the Lord's wisdom and direction each step of the way!
Much love,
Kate and Christa

Sarah Beth said...

Hey Katrina,

I really like that part about South America. I feel lots of peace about it... think you should make here your home forever! Only till I go to college, then you should probably go with me... God's will, you know. : ) lol I know what you mean about not being sure about what exactly is coming up... I'm praying for you though and I love you lots.