Sunday, October 4, 2009

A Saturday In My Life

Hmm....Saturday was....interesting.

For one thing, I RARELY sleep in until 9:00 a.m., but I was so tired come Saturday morning that I did exactly that. All this late night blogging has really taken its toll! Contrary to Friday morning, the sky was overcast and gray -- causing me to want to stay in bed all day.

However, that was not to be. As I lay there contemplating all that I needed to do that day, my sister came bouncing into our shared room a little past 9:00 with a request. Would I go with the family to Hobby Lobby in order to get buy wedding items and each be able to use a coupon?

"Sure," I mumbled. I dragged myself out of bed and pulled some clothes on, deciding today would be a glasses day since my eyes were too tired for contacts. And as for makeup, I just didn't feel like wearing it. (Needless to say, I probably would have prepared for the day differently if I had known I'd be running numerous errands around town all morning!)

I joined my family in the kitchen for some toast and then we piled into Dad's Tahoe for a quick jaunt to Hobby Lobby; a place we've frequented quite a lot these days! With the items purchased, we walked next door to Wal-Mart for a few groceries. I was still trying to wake up.

No sooner had we returned home, I climbed into my own car and headed out for the bank and drycleaner's. I also made a few stops for my mom along the way.

Back at home, it was time to do some much-needed tidying up! I could tell my time at home lately had been limited due to all the piles of stuff I had left in my wake. Normally, I like things as neat and tidy as possible, so all this clutter sitting around was starting to drive me nuts! I tackled the various piles and got about half-way done with the cleaning when I stopped to help Mom in the kitchen. She had been cooking up some new experiments for wedding food, so I decided the least I could do was help wash and dry dishes.

Once the last dish had been washed, dried, and put away, Katelin called us to the table for a scrumptious-smelling lunch she and her visiting friend, Hannah, had cooked. It was actually breakfast for lunch! We enjoyed sitting around together and enjoying a relaxing meal of eggs, baked oatmeal cake, and apple salad. Yum, yum!

After lunch, I finished my cleaning projects and took a nap. Yes, I know. It's pretty ridiculous to sleep in until 9:00 and then take a nap too! But I really was exhausted.

The nap felt great! I think I could have kept going all day. But once again, my mental to-do list caused me to drag myself out of bed and get back to work. :-)

Next on the agenda was a blog post. Then, I spent quite a bit of time calling the people on the wedding guest list to receive their R.S.V.P. With these new numbers, I tallied our figures and updated the family on the current head-count for the big event.

My last big project to tackle was a plan for the elementary kids' Sunday school lesson I'd be teaching at church the next day. Last week, we had covered the beginning of the book of Ezra, which tied in quite well with my Bible college studies. :-) It was unusal for me to teach two Sundays in a row since I'm on a rotation with several other teachers, but I had offered to cover the whole lesson of Ezra to keep things simple. For this Sunday's class, I planned a review game, read over the new lesson, selected a memory verse, and wrote out application questions for discussion with the children.

Dad then helped me hang a picture in the bathroom which I've been working on remodeling for the past three months. A much-needed shower followed, then a late dinner with the family. Katelin's friend Hannah was staying the night with us, so after dishes had been washed, us three girls changed into pajamas and piled into our room for a movie before bed.

Like I said, it was an unusual Saturday, but a productive one. I'll be glad when this week of blogging about every day is complete so I can return to decent bed-times! :-)

No comments: