Friday, October 2, 2009

A Thursday In My Life

Well, as you can see, it was a lofty ambition after all to stay on top of a daily report of my week. :-)

Since I worked a 12-hour work day unexpectedly on Thursday, I came home around 9:00 p.m. and collapsed in bed! Thus, no blog post.

Here's a brief overview of Thursday to catch you up:

The usual morning routine started with my alarm clock ringing me to wakefulness. I had my quiet time, complete with a bit of much-needed journaling, got ready for the day, and left for work.


The day proceeded as usual with the same daily tasks: housekeeping, answering phones, taking messages, preparing ultrasound paperwork, computer data entry, greeting clients, answering counselor's questions, running off copies, handling mail-outs, and so much more!

Thursday is my last work day of the week and I like to leave with every task done, so there's a fresh start to the new week come Monday. As a result, I ended up staying past 5:00 p.m. rather than going to our church's mid-week prayer service that night, in order to bring closure to the mountain of files that needed entering in to the computer database. (I've learned that if I don't stay on top of the files, they stay on top of me!) A quick bite of dinner from Wendy's gave a nice energy kick to tackle the paperwork.

On Thursday evenings, the pregnancy center is open with both classes and counseling appointments taking place. Staff members switch off running the front desk during such evenings. Since it wasn't my turn to do evening duty, I was able to hide out in one of the other offices and just focus on the data entry. It's amazing how much more can be accomplished when I don't have to answer phones or deal with a beehive of activity around me!

By 8:30 p.m., I sighed with relief. The last paper had been entered and the mountain of files had disappeared! I was done. Exhausted, but done.

As soon as I got in my car and pulled out onto the highway, I realized with dismay that I had left my camera in my office. Since the center was locked up and everyone was gone, I didn't want to go back for it. Thus, the rest of the pictures I took at work will have to wait for blog publication until next week.

There's not much else to tell about Thursday's happenings, except that I came home, greeted my family, checked email, and went straight to bed!

No comments: