Monday, April 5, 2010

Meditations on the Love of God


Unto Him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in His own blood, and hath made us kings and priests unto God and His Father; to Him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.

Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that He loved us, and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins.

For we ourselves also were sometimes foolish, disobedient, deceived, serving divers lusts and pleasures, living in malice and envy, hateful, and hating one another. But after that the kindness and love of God our Savior toward man appeared, not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to His mercy He saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;

And walk in love, as Christ also hath loved us, and hath given Himself for us an offering and a sacrifice to God for a sweetsmelling savor.

I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave Himself for me.

3 comments:

Sarah Beth said...

Praise the Lord for His wonderful words... : ) My mom just said she chatted with you for a while. Thanks for calling! It really means alot to her.

Katrina Marie said...

Hey - it was my pleasure! I really enjoyed visiting with her too...it's been too long! I enjoyed hearing your news from her, and am praying for you as you make a transition soon to PCC! :-)

Unknown said...

How did you know that I needed that today? Praise the Lord!
-Lydia Holt