Sunday, February 6, 2011

Playing Catch-Up

I have had stacks of photos and videos building up on my computer that I have wanted to post to the blog, but due to a weak internet signal, this has not been possible. Today, however, I decided to try exporting my photos into smaller sizes to see if this would allow for faster upload - and wahlah! It has taken me all of five minutes to post these pictures tonight instead of the usual three hours! (That is not an exaggeration.)

So in an attempt to play catch-up from the last several days...weeks...month(?), here are some snapshots from the missions conference we had at school. What a blessing it was!

Throughout the three day conference, different pairs of students gave presentations from various countries around the world. They dressed the part, and role-played a dialog with each other that educated the rest of us on life in their respective countries and the need for the Gospel. It was a very creative way to open each session!


Lots of good singing.

The pair from Tibet.

David shared a presentation from Liberia.

Linda talked on Japan and Luis shared about a country in Africa called Eritrea. The country of Israel was also represented.

Global Encounters

The preacher for the week was a gentleman named Ron Blue, a former missionary in Costa Rica and current professor at Dallas Theological Seminary. (I tried to upload a video of his preaching here, but I can't figure out how to export videos.) He preached inspiring messages on the Great Commission from each separate Gospel account. I was so blessed to listen to his ability with the Spanish language and realize it is possible to achieve fluency! I was also very impacted by his enthusiastic and joyful spirit. What an example!

1 comment:

Sarah Beth said...

Hey! LOVED the pics! Seems like God is keeping your life very full right now! Latest developments in the E's life!! : ) We're headed back to PerĂº in May. I think Andrew is coming back for a while and doing online Bible courses. We need to catch up soon!! : ) Praying for you!