Friday, June 24, 2011

God Loves a Cheerful Giver


This is Sheldon, one my little friends from church. During Patch Club the other night, he paid close attention to the explanation about Casa de Amor and the stories of the little street children who come to live there.

A couple of days ago, this kind-hearted little boy walked into my house with a bag of coins clutched in his hands. In his adorable Chinese accent, he told me he wanted to give the children in Bolivia his own toys that he didn't need anymore, but his mommy told him I wouldn't have space for them in my luggage. So instead, Sheldon decided to empty out all the contents of his piggy bank as well as his little sister's bank and bring me the money so I could buy toys for the children when I arrive. $129.85 worth of toys to be exact.

Sheldon's sweet generosity and caring concern for needy children far away touched my heart profoundly. Five years old and already learning to give freely in Jesus' Name. How valuable children are in the work of the Kingdom!

1 comment:

teresa said...

What a blessing!