Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Bolivia Bound!



Tomorrow the adventure begins! I leave Houston at 1:05 p.m. and arrive in Cochabamba, Bolivia the following day at 11:15 a.m., Lord willing, where I will be met by a staff member from Casa de Amor. There are always so many unknowns when it comes to stepping out to a new country, a new people, a new ministry. Yet in the midst of all the unknowns, I do know that this next step is God's will for this season and that gives me great assurance. He has led so clearly, opened the door of opportunity, and provided abundantly to make this trip possible. I am greatly looking forward to all that He has in store!

If you would join me in prayer as this new adventure gets underway, I would be so grateful! The Bible is clear that "the effectual, fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much."

Here are my specific requests:

- A teachable, servant-hearted spirit

- An attitude of flexibility and patience

- Wisdom in meeting the many needs of the children


- Health in the midst of germs and disease

- Safety and protection from evil

- Opportunities to share the Gospel along the way and while there

- Good rapport with my co-laborers

- Spanish language abilities and growth

- Focus on the Lord Jesus and His purposes


Thank you so much dear friends! I appreciate you so much! Hopefully the next time I report in it will be live from Bolivia! Stay tuned.... :)

3 comments:

Rachel said...

I'll be praying for you!

Jennifer Beaty (Thompson) said...

We'll see you SOON!!! :)

Elena said...

Just so everyone knows...Katrina made it here safely and she's awesome :)