Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Starting Solids

I was planning to wait until Isaac was six months old before starting him on solid food.  However, he has been giving me lots of indications lately that he is more than ready for "big boy food" now!  (He is currently five months old.)

Plus, he's been going through a growth spurt lately and it has been more work than usual to keep him satisfied enough with mommy's milk alone.

So, we decided to give him his first taste of rice cereal today and then introduce veggies in a week or two.

And the first bite is in!

His facial expression was one of bewilderment.  
What is this stuff, Mom?

Trying some more...

"Mmm!  I think I like it!"

"I'm a big boy, Mom, remember?  So I'm pretty sure I can do this spoon thing myself!"

Hurray for solids!  Isaac loved his cereal and was sad when it was all gone.  But, I nursed him immediately afterward, so all was well again. :)

Here is a little video I took of the experience.  (It was done incognito so the angle is a little off.)  Hope you enjoy!

2 comments:

Taylor said...

Hi Katrina, I just want you to know I still check on your blog from time to time and always enjoy seeing your updates. You've been an encouraging example to me ever since I attended one of the Maidens Quest Ministries conferences in... 2008 I think it was? Anyway:) thanks for being a bright spot in my life! You have such a precious little boy!!

Julie W. said...

Hello Katrina,
Thanks for writing about the events in your life. You make motherhood look so enjoyable. I appreciate you sharing the special moments!
julie