Monday, September 2, 2013

Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars

I finally figured out the secret to making "perfect" chocolate chip cookies at high altitude!  Before, when I would try to make chocolate chip cookies from a variety of recipes, I could never get the right texture, no matter how much extra flour I added or how much longer I cooked them.  My husband likes chewy cookies, but mine always came out on the crispy side and way too flat.

Enter the concept of cookie bars!
No more flat cookies.
No more crispy cookies that were supposed to be chewy.
No more long amounts of time spooning them out in little balls.

Just mix up the batter, press it into a 9x13 pan, bake according to directions, and whallah!  The perfect chocolate chip cookie taste and texture with every bite.

I found this recipe recently and have made it successfully on several occasions finding it to be an easy crowd pleaser.  The only adjustments I make are to use whole wheat flour (hello fiber!), less chocolate chips (strange confession for a chocoholic, but it's better when they don't overpower the batter), and to cooke it slightly longer here at 7,000 feet.

YUM-OLA!

1 comment:

Kelsie Steele said...

Looks yummy! Wish I could share one with ya over a cup of something. Miss you!