Wednesday, January 10, 2018

Amazing Grace

I read this passage in my daily Bible reading the other morning and it just gripped my heart so deeply I wanted to share it here:

"For we ourselves also were sometimes
foolish,
disobedient, 
deceived,
serving divers lusts and pleasures,
living in malice and envy,
hateful,
and hating one another.

But after that the KINDNESS and LOVE of God our Savior toward man appeared,

NOT by works of righteousness which WE have done, 
but according to HIS MERCY He saved us, 

by the washing of regeneration,
and renewing of the Holy Ghost;
which He shed on us ABUNDANTLY through Jesus Christ our Savior;

That being justified by HIS GRACE, we should be made HEIRS according to the hope of eternal life."
Titus 3:3-7 (emphasis added)

Do you see yourself in that first list? I know I do.
Foolish...disobedient...deceived...serving my own pleasures. This was certainly me before God used His Word when I was 14 to open my blind eyes and show me my need for a Savior!

I am so, so, so grateful for that kindness and love that characterizes my God! I am deeply thankful for the fact that my eternal destiny does not rest on my own righteousness...because if it did, I would be in dire straits. Rather, HIS righteousness now covers me and clothes me...because of HIS MERCY to save me through HIS SON, Jesus, my Savior. He has justified me by HIS GRACE - grace = that which I don’t deserve!

And not only am I forgiven...not only am I saved from His wrath (which I do deserve)...not only am I justified and made completely righteous in His sight...but He has made me His very own HEIR. Wow. Wow. Wow. And one day I shall see this amazing God of mine face to face and get to live with Him forever in the beauty of His holy presence.

THIS, my friends, blows my mind and makes me want to worship Him forever.

1 comment:

Rudi and Carla Booher said...

Amen! Thank you for sharing this!