Sunday, May 17, 2009

From the Bookshelf...

Recently I've read...


This is an excellent book in every sense of the word! The titles is exactly what the book is all about as Nancy Leigh DeMoss expounds upon commonly believed lies in our society and the truth from God's Word to combat them. Her writing is clear, engaging, and incredibly refreshing. There is great freedom to be found in the truths of God's Word if we will just believe and walk in it. I think every woman - young and old - would benefit from reading this book!


Over the past year and a half, I have been reading my way through this delightful series by the Thoene's known as the A.D. Chronicles. Bible fiction at its best, the A.D. Chronicles paints a colorful picture of what life might have been like for the various characters we meet in the Gospels whose lives intertwined with Yesusha of Nazareth. We encounter Peniel - the man born blind, Lily - a kindhearted leper, Zadok - chief shepherd of the temple flocks, Mary and Joseph of Nazareth, among countless others who were all touched in some way by the Lord Jesus.

In the 7th and 8th books of the series that I just recently finished, Lazarus and Zaccheus are central characters set against the background of an ever-increasing threat against Jesus' life.

With brilliant creativity, the Thoene's weave a masterful story in each book that is well written, brimming with Scripture, and tremendously edifying with every page. The New Testament has come alive for me in a new way thanks to this series! I am greatly looking forward to reading book 9 as soon as possible!



Currently Reading...

God has been showing me lately that evangelism is one area of my life that I need to grow stronger in, so when a friend lent this book to my family, I eagerly began reading it.

Wow. What can I say? This book has been LIFE-CHANGING!

With every chapter, I feel convicted, inspired, and equipped all at the same time! Mark Cahill writes incredibly practical chapters on learning to share one's Christian faith effectively, while giving story after story from his own witnessing experiences that make this book very difficult to put down!

I can't recommend it enough! You've GOT to read it. That's just all there is to it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for sharing these readers!!! We are always looking for great books!
OOOOOhhhhhhh!!! That baby is just too cute!!!!
The Whitt family

sharonmomofsix said...

I actually bought the Nancy Leigh DeMoss book and the companion bible study book for myself. Hopefully, I will use it. You can pray for me in that. I don't have much accountability for that here, and it's not getting done. I also bought the Lies Young Women Believe and would like to start going with through it with my older 2 girls. Kasey is 13, Rebekah just turned 12. Pray that I can do that too! Time management is such a challenging battle for me. (as if you didn't know!!!)

Blessings,
Sharon