Saturday, September 5, 2009

A Love Letter From God

On Thursday of this past week, I returned to my desk at Care Net Pregnancy Center, having just finished a counseling session with one of our clients. A bright pink bag sat on my desk with a card bearing my name. Since it wasn't my birthday, my curiosity was piqued.

I opened the card and discovered that it had been written by a young Hispanic woman I didn't even know. She had come by to view one of our videos on the topic of birth and delivery and brought me this gift and card while she was at it.

Here is what the card said.

Katrina:
The first time I talk to you I was totally confused and lost. Knowing that I was pregnant shock me...but you were there on the phone without any idea who I was.

Today Isaac and I are very, very happy and excited about our future. We love so much this little baby girl!!! (still in the womb)

Thanks for support on the phone on May 2009.

Love,
Roxana

I was amazed. Here it was four months later...and she still remembered a phone call I had long forgotten.

Holding her precious note in hand, I read it again and felt as though the card had come directly from God as a reminder of His love.

Inside the bag was a set of candles that smelled heavenly. The box the candles came in contained the words, "New Beginnings." How appropriate.

A little while later, Roxana came by the front office on her way out. We had the chance to visit. With the the radiant glow of an expectant mother, she showed me pictures from her last 3-D ultrasound of the beautiful baby girl who is growing inside of her. Roxana is due to deliver in less than two months.

Thank You Lord for the reminder that You are always at work in ways I could never imagine. Help me to never underestimate seemingly "small" opportunities for sharing Your compassion with others.

2 comments:

Kate said...

Wow, how exciting!! And what a wonderful testimony!

Thanks so much for your call - hope to talk soon! :) Can't wait!

Unknown said...

hey katrina!

did you get my email? i just wondered. this story was amazing. God is so cool to let you be apart of this womans life like you did.

love you!
quinn