Thursday, July 15, 2010

A Season of Transition

It's hard to believe that August 7 is almost here. Only a few more weeks to go before a brand new chapter of my life begins at the Missionary Language School of the Rio Grande Bible Institute.

I am excited and full of wonder as to the experiences that this next school year will hold. I am also fully aware of the intensity of study I am about to embark upon as I immerse myself in the Spanish language for nine months. What a reassurance it is to recognize that, as with every other new chapter in life, my God is the One writing this one. He is the One who has led me every step in my journey with Him. Now, as He leads me to South Texas to continue preparations for a life of service on the foreign mission field, I am confident that I do no go alone. He is my constant Guide and Companion. He is the One I am trusting in, even as I step toward the great unknowns of the very near future.

Right now, my life is in a season of transition making for days that are full to the brim with projects needing to be finished and preparations needing to be started...

~ The Bible college degree that I sometimes thought would never be achieved is almost complete. A couple final essays on the Book of Revelation, and I will be done! Thank You, Jesus, for working miracles in this department!

~ Training is underway at Care Net Pregnancy Center as a new receptionist learns to take my position in the ministry. I am so grateful for the years I have spent here at the center both as a volunteer peer counselor and more recently as a staff member. But it is time to move on, and so I am thankful for God's provision of a delightful, experienced young woman who will do a wonderful job serving as the new receptionist.

~ My piano student wrapped up a year of diligent study with a personal concert for family and friends this past weekend. Now, suddenly, Tuesday nights are free, allowing me to attend to other pressing needs.

~ I am still praying for a like-minded Bible study teacher to take over my class at American Chinese Fellowship. Meanwhile, I am soaking in every Friday night spent with my spunky group of precious girls!

~ Still researching insurance options regarding necessary eye care now that I have rolled off my parent's coverage upon reaching the ripe age of 25. I am realizing that time is quickly ticking for picking a new policy and ordering a new supply of contacts before August 7!

~ I catch myself mentally making lists in my head of items I need to purchase or gather before packing my bags. I'm thinking that I need to write these lists down before they fly away!

~ Praying for wisdom in time management as there are yet many people I wish to see, several social gatherings I wish to participate in, and yet so few weekends left before my departure. I am trying to find the balance between people I care for and time in the home I love where rest and peace are realized.

I'll be sure to keep you posted as further developments in this latest adventure continue to unfold. Blog posts aplenty are rolling around my mind all the time - but alas, the opportunity for crafting such posts so often seems to elude me! Thank you for your patience as I strive to juggle all that is a necessary part of this busy season of transition.

4 comments:

~ Jenifer said...

Oh Katrina, I am so excited for you! I pray that God would richly bless you in this new season of life and ministry. Thanks for keeping us updated!

Clan of 7 said...

Hello Katrina! We have enjoyed following your blog so much. It sounds like you are entering an exciting time in your life! I am 19, and am also a "Missionary in Training". You mentioned that you would be taking Spanish lessons. Do you have a specific country that you feel led to? Just curious...thanks!
~Kelsey

Katrina Marie said...

Hi Kelsey!

At this point, I have an open door to work with missionary friends down in Peru, South America, which is a country I have served in before and feel very at home in. However, I am also open to the idea of working in other Spanish countries if God leads.

What about you? What are you plans for missionary work? I'd love to know!

Clan of 7 said...

Hello again Katrina! I feel led to Mexico. What have you found to be helpful in preparing yourself for the mission field? Any books that you would recommend? My favorite book so far is "Evidence Not Seen" by Darlene Deibler Rose. ~Kelsey