Friday, July 30, 2010

Farewell at Care Net


Yesterday, my sweet friends at Care Net Pregnancy Center gave me a going-away luncheon that was a wonderful time of blessing and fellowship! It has been a tremendous privilege to serve with this Christ-centered ministry both as a volunteer and a staff member over the past four years. Along the way, I have met some amazing women whom I count it an honor to call my sisters in Christ. It was such a joy to see many of these ladies yesterday!

Due to a lot of guests coming in and out for the luncheon, I neglected my camera most of the time in favor of visiting with such dear friends! I wish I had thought to snap pictures with every person who came, but these are the only ones I have.

Christine and I used to work the same volunteer shift together as peer counselors. I so enjoyed seeing her again!

The delicious, homemade chocolate cake below came as compliments of Christine. :-)

Julie has been both a dear friend and a huge inspiration to me when it comes to speaking Spanish. She is nearly fluent and demonstrates a genuine heart of compassion for our Hispanic clients at the center.

Bonnie used to be a part of our volunteer staff but recently had to take a sabbatical due to some family situations that arose unexpectedly. I have missed Bonnie's sweet, cheerful, ever-encouraging presence! It was so fun to see her again.

And this is a VERY important person. May I present Care Net's newest receptionist, Whitney! We've had such fun together throughout the month of July as Whitney has been in training. She has proven to be a quick learner and very competent in taking over this position.

Whitney in action at my old desk.

I was so blessed by the out-pouring of love and support that my Care Net family gave me yesterday. Their cards, gifts, well-wishes, and prayers meant so much to me.

To any of you reading this post, thank you from the bottom of my heart! You all enrich my life!

No comments: